Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
You can use the textbook, chapter notes, and/or the PowerPoint presentations to
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
You can use the textbook, chapter notes, and/or the PowerPoint presentations to find the answers to the questions. You need to write a minimum of one sentence for each answer and scientific nomenclature counts. Answer the questions independently and in your own words and only submit your answers to the questions in your submission. If you include the actual questions in your submission, 3 points will be deducted from your grade.
Do not copy information directly from your textbook, chapters in the textbook, or Internet in your submission. If your Unicheck report states more than 25% matching, you will receive 0 points for your assignment.
1. What is the difference between thermal death time and thermal death point?
2. Ultraviolet (UV) radiation was applied to a bacterial sample. How did this target the bacterial cell? Be specific in your answer.
3. What is a mechanical removal method that removes microbes from air or heat sensitive liquids?
4. Describe the two halogens that are used in microbial control.
5. When considering hydrogen peroxide as a chemical agent, what type of bacterium based on aerotolerance is the primary target?
6. Describe two differences between the antimicrobial drugs: tetracycline and daptomycin.
7. What is the name of antimicrobial that inhibits RNA polymerase and is more effective against Gram-positive bacteria compared to Gram-negative bacteria?
8. What is the name of the antimicrobial that binds to the 30S ribosomal subunit and blocks entry of a tRNA bearing an amino acid and is a newer derivative of tetracycline?
9. Why are there fewer antifungal and antiparasitic drugs in comparison to antibacterial drugs?
10. Describe two of the five mechanisms of drug resistance.