Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
Purpose: To have students investigate the impact of globalization in their perso
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Purpose: To have students investigate the impact of globalization in their personal lives.
What to Do: Using their Discussion #3 submissions, collect two of your classmates’ closet data. Then, following the format specified in Discussion #3, make a table that combines the closet data you and your two classmates submitted for Discussion #3. At the top of your combined table, indicate your name and the names of the other two people whose data you used.
The combined table should be in the same format as Discussion #3:
The first column should list your countries in order of frequency – the most frequently used should be listed first, the least frequently used should be listed last.
The second column should show the frequency of each country.
The third column should indicate the kinds of clothes identified for each country along with their frequency [e.g., jeans (4), T-shirts (12), etc].
The fourth column should provide information about brand names for each type of clothing, when available [e.g., for T-shirts, Nike (2), Gap (1), Under Armour (3), Guess (1), Aeropostal (2), American Eagle (1)] . If the number is “1”, be sure to enter “(1)” in your table.
At the bottom of your table, indicate the number of countries and the % of non-USA garments (round your % to a whole number).
After completing your combined table in the required format, use its data to write an essay that draws conclusions about the process of globalization as reflected in UD students’ clothing. Your discussion should be based on your examination of your combined data, NOT on other knowledge that you might have about the process of globalization.
Your essay should address the following points in the order listed:
1) in your combined data, which countries are of greatest, intermediate, and least importance (support your points with numbers/percentages);
2) the degree of similarity/variation in the country rankings in your three sources of data (compare your individual rankings with those of the two other students); how can you explain the variation that you observe in the three data sets?
3) in your combined data, the degree to which different types of apparel are associated with particular countries (give examples of the patterns you see or of the absence of patterns); are any countries specializing in the production of one type of apparel? are any types of apparel being produced in multiple countries? how do the production patterns of frequently occurring apparel types (e.g, jeans, T-shirts, etc) compare?
4) in your combined data, the degree to which certain brand names are associated with particular countries and regions (give examples of the patterns you see or of the absence of patterns); are any brand names being manufactured in just one country? are any brand names being produced in multiple countries? does any brand name manufacture the same type of apparel in more than one country? how do the production patterns of frequently occurring brand names compare?
5) your assessment of the impact of globalization on students’ lives as seen in their clothing.
Your essay should be no more than 3 pages double spaced in a Word 12 pt document with one inch margins. This page limit does not include your table. You can either append the table to the end of the three pages of text and post as a single attachment or else post the essay and table in two separate attachments.