Step 1. Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Step 2. Make Payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Step 3. Receive your paper
PLEASE VIEW ATTACHED FILES FOR INFORMATION ON DMV PROVIDED BY PROFESSOR AS WELL
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
PLEASE VIEW ATTACHED FILES FOR INFORMATION ON DMV PROVIDED BY PROFESSOR AS WELL AS SAMPLES ADDRESSING A DIFFERENT QUESTION, BUT HOW THE ASSIGNMENT SHOULD LOOK.
PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS.
Using a computer spreadsheet, prepare a budget for the DMV for the coming year, based on the information you currently have. If the budget shows a deficit, you may need to make some adjustments, so use formulas for your calculations. That way you will be able to make changes in your worksheet and easily calculate updated results. Specifically,
1. Prepare a monthly operating budget for the DMV for the fiscal year ending August 31. Determine the operating surplus and deficit for each month and for the year as a whole. Use one page or worksheet in your spreadsheet to list all of the base information, and another for the operating budget. [Hint: It may be easier to prepare the budget if you add a third page or worksheet to calculate the number of transactions each month.]
2. To what do you attribute the changing surplus/deficit pattern during the year?
3. What would happen to the overall deficit or surplus if the number of vehicles failing inspections increased from 15 percent to 30 percent? Keep in mind that vehicles must be re-inspected, so this would also increase the total number of inspections. Does this give the DMV a reason to make its standards tougher? Is this good policy?
4. Suppose the DMV can choose when to implement the new digitized licensing system.
a. What would happen to the finances of the DMV if the new licenses are implemented at the beginning of the year and issued throughout the year?
b. What would happen if the new licenses are not implemented at all during the coming year? In either case, assume the total number of licenses issued for any month does not change. Is that assumption realistic? How does it affect your results?
5. What other changes would you suggest that might help the DMV’s situation? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the various suggested changes? Select the approach that you believe is best, create a worksheet showing the resulting budget, and provide an explanation defending your choice of changes.
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is part of the State Department of Transportation (DOT). The purpose of that department is to ensure the safety and free flow of people and goods throughout the State by ensuring that there is a reliable system of transportation and motor vehicle services. This mission is accomplished by funding the maintenance of the existing transportation infrastructure, by adding to and improving the infrastructure, and by otherwise operating a transportation system that minimizes congestion and promotes safety and the economic growth of the State.
Among the key functions served by the DOT are:
driver licensing and insurance;
bridge and highway construction and maintenance; and
NOTE: Students will submit a three-to four-page Word document (not including the title and reference pages) The paper should be formatted per APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide. The main goal of your paper is to write a concise evaluation of the DMV. The paper show include the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed changes.
PLEASE VIEW ATTACHED FILES FOR INFORMATION ON DMV PROVIDED BY PROFESSOR (items labeled utf ) AS WELL AS SAMPLES ( items labeled samples ) ADDRESSING A DIFFERENT QUESTION, BUT HOW THE ASSIGNMENT SHOULD LOOK.